Sunday, February 21, 2010

The 90-Day Vortex Experience - Day 49

Wow has this experience been fruitful!  I have witnessed myself feel better and better and come back to my SELF.

I feel good being in my skin and I am good with things the way they are and the way they are not.  I guess we would call this surrender.  I don't have to like what is, I just have to accept it and do the best I can to deal with it on a moment by moment basis.

I have to take care of my SELF and love my SELF above all things.  I have to discover inside myself, regardless of what others want or desire of me, what makes me happy and fulfilled.  No one can do this for me and lord knows I have tried to heap that baloney on friends, family and lovers for waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Today a quote from the book "The Vortex" really struck me.  I am surprised I missed it the first time I read it...  Here goes:
"Whether you are currently without the relationship that you desire or in the middle of a relationship that does not please you, there is nothing that you could do that would be of greater value in moving you in the direction of the relationship that you want than to take a notebook and spend time every day writing the positive aspects of the people in your life." (Page 92) 
This struck me because I have A LOT of relationships I want to improve.  Family, friends and otherwise.

I like this practice and I think it is important to do in long-hand writing and not typing it or thinking it.  There is something powerful about writing and creating with my hands.  It engages and forces me to think throughly because my long-hand writing is soooo much slower than my typing or the thoughts in my mind.

Some call this practice a gratitude journal.  I call it smart and it goes beyond gratitude because this is about appreciation and inspiration, not just gratitude.  I think I will go find a notebook in which to take on this practice.

Step by step, I am turning my life around and I LOVE what I am seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment