I was reading in the book, "The Vortex" by Esther & Jerry Hicks and there is an excellent explanation of our Vortex I want to share:
- Before your birth into this physical body, you were in the Vortex (no resistant thought resides there).
- A part of the Consciousness that was you is now focused into the physical you that you know as you.
- The contrast of your life causes you to send rockets of expansion into your Vortex, where the larger Non-Physical part of you exists.
- The Vortex, which holds only your positive requests for improvement and expansion, holds no thoughts that contradict improvement and expansion.
- The Law of Attraction responds to the pure, nonresistant Vibration of your Vortex and gathers all cooperative, Vibrational-matching components that are necessary for the completion of the creation.
- You are one of the components of your creation.
- In fact, you are the creation.
- So the only question is: Are you, from your physical format, right now, a Vibrational Match to your creation? Or not?
- And the way you feel, right now, as you focus upon the subject of creation is your answer.
- If you are angry--you are not a Vibrational Match--and you are not in the Vortex.
- If you are feeling appreciation--you are a Vibrational Match--and you are in the Vortex.
The habit of thought, or belief, that holds most people outside of their Vortex of Creation, more than all other thoughts put together, is the lack of appreciation of self. (pp. 179-180)
This brings me back to the good 'ol mirror work of appreciating myself no matter what. If nothing else, I can be appreciative of the SPIRIT that I am. That makes it a tad easier in this and many other moments.
It's all about love and appreciation of self and focusing on what I want. Nothing more and nothing less.