Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thoughts about the Holidays.

So many people to acknowledge, so little time. So many folks in my life that I want to buy "things" for.

Is this because I want to or is this the greedy capitalist machine driving me?

Quite honestly, I don't care! I love to give and be generous with my friends and family. I like them to know they are special to me during this time of year.

Now for the next question; why during this time of year? Why not all the time?

That is an awesome question and I believe that I do express myself to my friends and family quite honestly and openly most of the time. I LOVE to tell my friends and family I love and appreciate them. It only takes a moment and it usually impacts them in a positive way.

I do my best to live by this code as much as possible, however, being human has it's foibles and pitfalls. My ego has gotten in the way for so many years in so many ways. I KNOW now it is a moment by moment challenge to stay in an attitude of love, gratitude and appreciation.

In my personal work, I have made it a priority to be and feel my connection with my non-physical self. It is the single most important thing I can do for myself and those that I love.

Why? Well, I have noticed that the more I take care of my SELF and not look to others, the better the relationships and circumstances are that show up. It isn't a selfish thing, it is a highly spiritual thing because no one can help me with my connection with Source. They can point me in the direction, but I have to take the steps. I have to do the work.

So, this Holiday Season I am working on my connection with Source first. That is my gift to my SELF. This is also my gift to my family, friends and acquaintances. If I am in a great space, then everyone benefits.

Wow, can it really be that easy? Time and trial will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment