Tuesday, May 28, 2013

AIDS/Lifecycle 12 - An Unforgettable Journey

More Pre-Ride Thoughts and Updates

T minus 5 days and counting.  I fly out Friday evening to San Francisco to meet up with my beloved Desert Roadrunners for a pizza dinner and carb load.  Mmmmmm, pasta and pizza, what a delicious way to prepare for this event.  I can hardly wait.

I realize that I have a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG road ahead of me coming up soon, but I know that I've prepared myself well for it.  I'm ready and I'm so excited and stoked I could pee my pants.

The buzz on Facebook is mind-boggling.  People are posting pictures of their luggage packing, bicycles at bike shipping and even posting YouTube videos of previous rides.  I watched one of these videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bgye5LQB0I) and got so teary eyed remembering my experience as a roadie in 2008 and 2009.

I am about to experience a life-changing journey with 2,500 cyclists and about 750 roadies.  We are a family as we proceed down the coast of California looking out for and supporting each other every step of the way. It is a family like I've never experienced! People from all over the world and from EVERY walk of life accepting, loving and supporting each other with a distinct lack of judgement or prejudice.  It is such an amazing experience!

I can't believe I'm almost done packing and I've cleaned and lubed up my bike.  Wow, I sure got A LOT done today without much effort!

I had a friend ask me if I had anything to do for the rest of the week because I'm just going to drive myself crazy with excitement.  Well, the answer is not too much.  I have a little bit of work to do and I have a lot of cleaning up to do around the house, but I really want to relax as much as possible. We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, that's all for today.  Check back soon to see how things are going on the ride.

xoxoxo
Stefen

No comments:

Post a Comment