Sunday, August 23, 2009

Prose and Poetry

– My Beloved –

Jaded and beat up,

I’ve run from life,

And tried to leave this place,

Yet here I sit in this human race.

All the things life put me through,

I’d truly given in,

I never knew how sweet love was,

Until I felt it from within.

The way I love is deep and pure,

The way I feel is deeper still,

Conflict and upset can easily endure,

Feelings grinding me like a mill.


I truly felt love would never be,

For simply who I am,

You came along,

You rocked my world,

You took my hand,

And loved me as I am.


Words cannot express how I feel inside,

They try, they grasp and stumble still,

And yet they don’t fulfill.


My love is deeper than I can admit,

It pushes me to the edge,

So here I am to take your hand,

And jump off with you and fly…

No comments:

Post a Comment